Users confronting the issue of IDP.Generic infection warning even when accessing some legitimate programs. There isn’t any particular type of programs, it’s showing warning for. Users are facing issues with valid software and games. Steam users are also confronting this situation.
So if you are still facing this issue be cautious either you haven’t updated the antivirus program or it is a real infection.
Have you too struck the idp.generic virus detected by your antivirus program while using any legitimate software on your Windows? If so, then it might have left you stressed, and you may be not able to use that software again.
As a matter of fact, the majority of the window get this idp.generic virus detected notification on their own files. And you must understand that idp.generic virus detected by your antivirus is not related to a specific folder but might get caught in a vast assortment of files infected by it.
IDP.Generic is a bug of Avast and AVG antivirus Software, which notifies their users that their file contains the idp.generic virus. Users face this problem commonly with valid software and specific sport files and not to mention steam users are also encountering this threat message.
But you don’t need to worry anymore because of the IDP.Generic is more of a false positive than Malware. In this article, you will not only come across some of the relatable questions that might be arising in your mind concerning the same issue but also their replies.
Also read: How To Fix “Windows 7 Is Not Genuine” Issue?
What is idp.generic?
The antivirus on your system detects the virus and the threat title is identified as idp.generic avast antivirus. Whenever the anti-virus founds the threat linked to idp.generic, it informs you to delete it immediately to prevent infectious virus spread on your system. Idp.generic is a frequent term seen by the majority of windows users using any anti-virus in their PC. The anti-virus of your PC signifies you many programs as the idp.generic malware.
This property is also referred to as a false positive.
Also read: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET – Problem Fix
How to fix the IDP.generic warning issue?
Follow the below steps to remove this warning or remove the infection from the system.
1. Update Antivirus software
If you are getting a warning with a legitimate game or program then chances are that it is a false positive, and a known issue by the security company which they would fix in the latest version. So your first step should be to update to the latest version of Antivirus software. Update both program and virus definition specially if you are using AVG or Avast.
2. Update Java run time environment
Uninstall the previous version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Go to the start button or click on the Windows button on the keyboard.
- Choose control panel or settings (the option varies depending on the operating system you are using in your system). Go to the program section
- Choose the uninstall a program option.
- Navigate to the JRE and click on the uninstall button.
Now, close all the Windows and open browser.
- You have to download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and save it on the desktop.
- Open the downloaded file and accept the license agreement.
- Continue and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- After completion of the installation, you have to reboot your system to apply the necessary changes to your computer.
- I hope, the issue is resolved. If the issue persists move on to the next solution.
3. Scan with other anti-malware software
To make sure then your system is clean and you are not at risk it is better to scan the computer with an Antimalware Program or with an Online scanner.