At present, you can easily alter your AirDrop name on your iPhone by just editing the name of your device. The AirDrop always allows you to transfer the files very fast wirelessly between the Macs, iPods and iPhones as well. Whenever you share the document, the recipient will view a name of the sending device. If you would like to alter your AirDrop name, it just takes only a few steps. Before you start, it is very much essential to understand that the AirDrop name of your device is similar to the general device name, which you might view while backing up your iPad or iPhone or simply in a catalogue of the devices in your iCloud account. It will be default, this name will be your primary name as well as a model name like Linda’s iPad Pro or Benj’s iPhone 8. In order to change a name, you will need to visit the settings page.
- You can change your AirDrop name on your iPhone based on your wish. Also, this will alter how your iPhone seems on Wi-Fi networks and when linking to your PC.
- If you have an AirDrop name that could be simply identified, it will make a file sharing process very much easier.
- You can also visit the homepage of an insider for many stories.
Basically, the AirDrop is a wonderful characteristic on Apple devices, which permits you to transfer the images, documents and also several from device to device immediately by using Wi-Fi. However, transferring file in such way has numerous benefits, which is faster and needs only a fewer steps. More essentially, it does not destroy the quality of any media that is transferred.
When it comes to transferring the files by using AirDrop, the user sending it has to choose a name on their screen from the list of significant nearby devices. If you do not even have a simply recognizable name, it can confound the process as well. Luckily, you can simply alter your AirDrop name from the settings of your iPhone’s menu by altering the name of your device. So, whether you wish to build your phone simple to identify or you simply need to make it somewhat funny to create people laugh, then this process much simpler.
Step by steps to change your AirDrop name on an iPhone
- Initially, you have to open the settings
- Go to ‘general’, the initial item on third list of choices
- Click settings app on your iPhone to alter the AirDrop name
- Click ‘About’ at a top of the screen
- Click ‘Name’ at a top of the screen
- Tap on ‘Name’ to alter your device name
- Type whenever you would like to name your device and choose ‘Done’ to rename your device
Below are few other places that you can alter your name on your iPhone:
In order to alter your name that is linked with your Apple ID, you just want to do the following things:
- Head to settings
- Tap your name
- Select name, email and phone numbers
- Then, click your name at a top to alter it
In order to alter your name or any other details on your contact card, you can simply go ahead to the contacts app and then click yourself at a top of the application. Finally, you can select Edit in a top right corner and then you can make some changes. Also, you just click ondone in a top right corner while finished.
On the other hand, the Mac OS can make it simple to alter the name of your Mac in AirDrop. You just want to follow below steps and you will be able to change your name:
Step 1: Open your system preferences
One of the quickest ways to open your settings is by just typing space and then ‘pref’ and selects ‘system preferences’ from a dropdown menu.
Step 2: Click a sharing icon
It is a folder with the yellow diamond over it.
Step 3: Edit a system name
You will able to view your system name at a top and click into a text field in order to update it.
Once you have altered it to whatever the name you need, then simply want to click an edit button.
Step 4: Confirm your new system name
Right now, you can simply click an OK button. Then, your settings will be saved.