MX Player is unarguably the most effective media player available for Android right now. The player can play almost any video and audio format you throw at it, without breaking a sweat. That combined with features such as gesture controls background playback, sleep timer, and many more, makes MX Player the complete winner. The programmers behind MX Player needed to remove a few codecs from the app as a result of some restrictions. Due to some licensing problems, the program stopped behind AC3 and DTS codecs and you can not hear audio while playing DTS/ DTSHD/ AC3/ EAC3.
As a consequence of the above, MX Player lost the ability to play media formats such as AC3, DTS TrueHD, and a few more; at least formally. You may manually download MX Player Codec documents (both zip and APK files are available) and easily enable support for all the above-mentioned media formats. We are currently bringing all the available MX Player Codec for downloading to you. Added to the downloads, we have also included a nifty little guide on how to install MX Player Codec files to help you out in the process.
MX Player Custom Codec Zip Files Download
Adding custom Codec or Enable AC3 Audio on MX Player
- To know which custom codec supports to your android device you will have to open your MX Player app
- And click the menu key on the top right side, and then click on Settings, and then click on Decoder and scroll down to the bottom and here you can see Custom Codec option which suggesting the appropriate version of custom codec for your device.
- Now as you know which custom codec will support to your device just download it and put it to the internal memory of your device without any folder (that means in the ROOT of internal memory) download from the link below.
Download MX player APK Files (last update September 4 2019)
Download MX player Zip Files
How to Install Mx Player Codecs
This is very easy steps to install MX player codecs for Android we downloaded before. There are two methods so choose one you like most.
Installation Method 1
- Step 1: If you downloaded zip file and install mx player codecs are in downloads or Bluetooth folder in internal storage then its super easy for you to install it.
- Step 2: Open MX Player and if your downloaded codec pack is compatible with your device then it will automatically ask you to install it. Simply click on ok.
- Step 3: Now it will ask to restart the MX Player so restart it.
Installation Method 2
- Step 1: Open MX Player and go to setting and now scroll down and open decoder and find the general setting and open custom codecs.
- Step 2: It will open your storage now find your downloaded zip file custom codec and select it.
- Step 3: Now it will ask for you to restart simply click ok and enjoy your MX Player without any problem.